So.
(as Seamus Heaney's Beowulf so beautifully begins).
A lot of exciting things have happened in the past month. The holidays and turn of the new year welcomed a great many endings and beginnings. I finally moved out of my house (6 months at home was enough) into a pretty sweet apartment with Les in a part of Oceanside that neither she nor I were particularly familiar with, so it feels new while still being somewhat familiar. True, the complex may be a little old and there might be a resident drug dealer at the front gate, but the square footage is great, there's a nice open green space between the two sets of buildings, the drug dealer is rather polite, and the fact that I'm living with Les makes whereever we are feel like home. While my parents might not have been the most approving, they're getting used to my decision and at least respect my independence. Right now I'm enjoying my second consecutive day off, which after a hectic time at work and working christmas eve, the day after christmas, new years eve, and new years day while the other head cashier went on a week's vacation, I think I earned or at least needed. I've also finally got back to writing after having done practically nothing since the end of October (thank you grad apps), and that feels good. The next few months will be a concentrated effort by me not only to re-hone my brain, but to be prodigiously creative as well. We'll see what fruit gets born. Hopefully it'll be an apple, just like my new street.
So. A belated happy holidays and best wishes for 2006, and I'll try to update this and keep in touch with all of you lovely readers more often.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home